This was mostly a technical project (rather than a conceptual one). We were tasked with making a collograph. Also (I suppose the bit of concept for this project), we were supposed to use a symbol of some sort in the piece. This was the second time I had ever done printmaking. The first time I had a lot of help from my friend Chase, so really, I’d say this was my first time.
I wanted to do something related to video games (go figure), so I one of the most iconic gaming symbols—the D-pad. I did a few experiments in Illustrator as you can see down below, but other than that, I didn’t really do much. The bulk of the work was just messing around with different inks and glue during the print making process. To my happy surprise, the two prints I made turned out pretty awesome looking!