This was one of the two projects that I decided to redo for my new media sculpture class. After the final project had been completed, the teacher allowed us the chance to redo/re-present any of the pieces we did earlier in the semester. I don’t remember getting particularly bad grades on the original Zelda Head and Sound Sculpture, but I wanted to try to make them closer to what I intended them to be originally. Along with that, I had gotten some interesting ideas from the critiques for each of the projects that I wanted to try to work in.
For this project, I sculpted a generic-looking head out of clay (I believe this was the first time I ever really sculpted something out of clay). I then spray painted it white. This time, instead of using my wire Zelda head and projecting Zelda’s face onto the head, I set up my camera for people to stand in front of, and their faces were projected onto the clay head I made. The projection conformed much better to the shape of this head than it did for the Zelda head.