This was just a quick group-based project to get us to know one another. I don’t remember what exactly the assignment was, but I think it may have been something like “make a sculpture out of found objects.” The members of my group and I made a makeshift electric guitar-ish instrument. The wood used to construct the body and the side panels was, I believe, left over wood we found in the art department’s wood shop; the “strings” were springs from an old printer that we stretched out; the pickup was from one of the member’s old, broken electric guitar; and we used an 1/8″ stereo cord from an old pair of headphones. Because we had the stereo cord, we were able to plug the instrument into a computer, for example, and amplify the sound coming from it. BOOM! Makeshift electric guitar!